Accu-Chek Aviva Expert
glucometer [ MDI ]
The Aviva Expert glucometer brings confidence and control for people on
multiple daily insulin injections (MDI). It uses a lot of technology from Accu-Chek's insulin
- Color screen.
- Bolus calculator and advisor.
- Track results with full colour graphs on the display.
- 3 simple steps to optimal diabetes control.
- 5 seconds results.
- 1000 test results memory with time, date.
- One-time coding.
- No cleaning required.
- Download data to PC via a USB cable.
- Ease-Of-Use Commendation from the Arthritis Foundation®.
Accu-Chek Aviva Expert Glucometer Overview
- Built-in bolus advisor for easy bolus calculation in seconds.
- 3 simple steps towards optimal diabetes control.
- Programmable alarms and reminders.
- Electronic diary automatically stores your BG values, boluses and carbs.
- Track results and patterns with full colour graphs in the palm of your hand.
- Includes the virtually pain-free Accu-Chek Multi-Clix lancing device.
The glucometer is suitable for people using Multiple Daily Injection (MDI) therapy and a long
acting insulin analogue.
The basic idea behind the meter is that you can test your BG, input the amount of carbs you
are about to eat and the glucometer will then suggest a bolus based on the parameters you have set for the time of
day (target range, insulin sensitivity, insulin:carbohydrate ratio, duration, level of activity etc).
The glucometer is compatible with the 360° software package which is not free,
but you don't have to buy-in to a whole expensive suite of data-management tools and infrared gizmo. A simple USB
port/cable and CSV file export would be enough. Also it's compatible with Accu-Chek Smart Pix
software and Diasend.
There are a bunch of charts, graphs and tables available which do give you a good overview of your recent control.
My particular favourite is the 'Target' pie chart which instantly shows you the proportion of results high,
in-range, below-range and hypo. Even this though could do with a tweak. The Expert allows to set a range and a
hyper and hypo warning level. This means that you can grade your results to identify low level ups and downs as
different from more serious hypers/hypos. Inexplicably though the 'Target' charts do not differentiate between high
|Accu-Chek Aviva Expert
||94 x 55 x 25 mm
||103 g (with batteries)
||1,5V Alcaline (3) AAA
Life: 500 tests (approx.)
Roche offers free replacement batteries on request after registering.
Accu-Chek Aviva test strips
||Download Accu-Chek Aviva Expert
Accu-Chek Multiclix Finger Pricker
Accu-Chek Control solutions
USB cable (buy separately)
||YES, Part B
|Available for Free?
||YES. In Australia you can get free Accu-Chek Aviva Expert meter via
Health Care Professional.
||Accu-Chek Aviva Expert Blood Glucose Meter System
|Bolus advisor system. Full color graphs. Useful for diabetic on multiple
daily insulin injections.
|Quite big, heavy, clunky.
Big enough blood sample.
Accu-Chek Aviva Expert glucometer review